November 9, 2019 — Auer Hall, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, Bloomington, IN
Danielle Gonzalez performs Davis' "Limit" for solo percussion at the Midwest Composers Symposium.
October 24, 2019 — Detroit Design Center in Detroit, MI
Davis as featured composer for the Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings (DCWS) Annual Artist & Sponsor Luncheon. Davis will be the Young Composer-in-Residence with DCWS for their 2019–2020 season.
October 1, 2019 — Meyer Sound Concert Hall in Berkeley, CA
As Composer Fellow of the Gabriela Lena Frank Creative Academy of Music (GLFCAM), Davis wrote art songs to be workshopped and premiered by Matthew Worth, baritone, and Molly Morkoski, piano.
September 22, 2019 — Works by female composers (Olivia Davis, Grazyna Bacewicz, Amy Beach, and Fanny Mendelssohn) featured on Lansing's installment of the national movement If Music Be the Food: http://www.ifmusicbethefood.com/
All donations benefit the Greater Lansing Food Bank.
July 31, 2018 — Sala Lunga – Castello Brancaleoni in Piobbico, Italy
Premiere of the violin octet version of Davis' "Night Nihilism" at the Brancaleoni International Music Festival.
July 22, 2018 — Ground Floor Theatre in Austin, TX
prismatx ensemble performs Davis' "Luisa y Alejandro" at the COTFG: New Media Art and Sound Summit.
2019 and previous years...
• March 10, 2019 – Davis' "Your Little Boy" for String Quartet performed at the University of Chicago as part of the 2019 Midwest Graduate Music Consortium.
• April 23, 2018 – Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, Reno, NV
Premiere of Davis' "Your Little Boy" for String Quartet by the University of Nevada Reno graduate string quartet, Nightingale String Quartet.
• March 26, 2018 – Premiere of Davis' "Night Nihilism" for 8 Violas performed by students of Yizhak Schotten including Davis at CoLab 2018.
• June 25 – July 1, 2017 Hosted by Lab Orchestra in Austin, TX, Density 512 was a week long series hosting a variety of different concerts, including the "Composers Showcase" in which works, such as “Luisa y Alejandro” by Davis were premiered and performed. Davis also performed in the ensemble on multiple concerts throughout the week. Click here for information.
• April 9, 2017 The prismatx ensemble debut concert at the Spider House Chapel in Austin, TX. For more information about the ensemble, please click here.
• January 28, 2017 Davis and other members of prismatx ensemble performed and recorded Sam Lipman's "Crone" for virtual reality film in the Bates Recital Hall in the Butler School of Music at the UT Austin.
• February 15, 2017 Members of Quintessential premiered "Energy Flow" for String Quartet by Minho Yoon at the University of Texas CLUTCH concert.
• January 28, 2017 Olivia Davis guest violist in the Mother Falcon String Quartet for the String Quartet Smackdown III at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar in Austin, TX.
• Septemeber 25, December 16, February 19, May 27, June 10 Olivia Davis as section violist in the Round Rock Symphony for their 2016-2017 season.
• July 6, 2016 Premiere of "Beneath" by Olivia Davis at the Oregon Bach Festival Composers Symposium in the Aasen-Hull Hall of the University of Oregon in Eugene.
• May 5, 2016 Olivia Davis masters composition recital at Butler School of Music Recital Studio at the University of Texas at Austin; featured three works by Davis, including the premiere of "Pieces" for Solo Viola and Chamber Orchestra (solo performed by Davis). To listen to a recording of "Pieces", visit the Composition tab.
• February 20, 2016 "Pale Blue." telethon fundraiser (live-streamed concert) for the Breast Cancer Resource Center organized by Olivia Davis and Tim Rogers (staff at the University of Texas at Austin Butler School of Music). If you wish to donate to BCRC, please click here.
• February 4, 2016 "Pale Blue." presents the Winter Wind Ensemble Special Event; featured premieres by Davis for wind ensemble along with alumni and staff of the Butler School of Music at the University of Texas at Austin.
• November 13, 2015 Olivia Davis viola recital.
• November 9, 2015 Performance with the University of Texas at Austin's Early Music Ensemble.
• November 4, 2015 Premiere of movements 1, 4 of Olivia Davis' marimba solo, "North of July."
• October 31, 2015 Premiere by Davis of Alex Heppelmann's Four Miniatures for Solo Viola at the University of Texas at Austin's Fine Arts Library, and performance on Baroque violin with University of Texas' "Austinato" early music ensemble.
• October 5, 2015 Members of Quintessential performed a movement of Casey Martin's string quartet "where the mind wanders when the feet rest." Click here for the recording.
• August 21, 2015 "Brahms and Davis" reunion concert with Quintessential at The North Door (opening for Mother Falcon). The set included Brahms' Hungarian Dances arranged for clarinet quintet, Brahms' Clarinet Quintet, Op. 115, and Olivia Davis' "Moonrise" for clarinet quintet.
• June 14, 2015 Concert at (le) poisson rouge with Jeffrey Zeigler and The Next Festival of Emerging Artists. The program included the following works: Peter Askim: New Work (World Premiere), Lisa Bielawa: The Trojan Women, Pierre Jalbert: Autumn Rhapsody, Paola Prestini: Aria, Pierre-Anthony Togni: Ofrenes (World Premiere). Featured on the (le) poisson rouge's website.
• May 8, 2015 Quintessential's recital at The Regents School of Austin. Program included a premiere of Olivia Davis's clarinet quintet, "Moonrise," and a performance of the Brahms Clarinet Quintet, Op. 115.
Copyright © 2020 Olivia Davis Media - All Rights Reserved.